Ideally, as in the case of Maritza, would be to take advantage of specialized machines, a gym and the supervision of an expert coach, especially at first. But do not think you have to invest a fortune in membership or team. You can also do these exercises at home, with the help of free weights of different weights (you can substitute vegetable cans, bags of rice or water bottles), and bands or rubber bands that are purchased in stores where they sell the sporting goods. A book or a DVD can enlighten the basic exercises and you can make in the privacy of your own home, in front of your TV. The DVD has the advantage that comes with music and the coach encourages you to continue and not give up easily.
Feel like? Keep in mind the following:
– Before you start, get a physical exam. Ask your doctor what level of exercise is best for you.
Sets goals. If you want to build muscle, use more weight and perform fewer repetitions. If you are interested in increasing your endurance, use lighter weights, but do more repetitions. Try to schedule at least two weight sessions a week. Women should not fear being unfeminine or very muscular, because everything depends on the level of training (the amount of weight and number of repetitions). Also, if you combine this type of aerobic exercise with stretching and the result is a body better defined and better muscle tone, no more bulky.
– Start with a good warm-up session from 5 to 10 minutes of low intensity aerobic exercise (walking on the site, or on the mat, or stationary bike). The muscles are well conditioned and flexible for better weight training.
– Start with little resistance or low weight and gradually auméntalos. The most important thing is to learn the proper technique for each exercise and this is best accomplished with little weight at first. And also prevents unnecessary injuries.
– Once you’ve established a heating system, you know the exercises and proper technique, increases the weight and strength, so that the muscles feel tired (or “burn”) after 8 to 12 repetitions. You should not feel pain, but muscle fatigue. That’s the way to strengthen them: submission to a higher voltage.
It starts working the large muscle groups (legs, chest, or back). This prevents tire the smaller muscles that can help you later with other exercises.
– If you are using machines, learn to use them safely and correctly set the weights to avoid injury.
Keep your knees and elbows slightly bent, even during the extensions.
– Do not hold your breath. The muscles are working hard and need all the oxygen you can provide. Exhale during the period of exertion and inhale when returning to starting position.
– Remember to keep good technique and form for maximum benefit and avoid injury. When you can not keep the way from exhaustion, it’s time to stop the session or try another different exercise.
Drink plenty of fluids before, during and after the workout.
– Train your upper body one day (arms, back) and one day he works the thighs and legs. Leave a period of 48 hours between sessions and one for the muscles to recover. After the first session, expect to feel slightly sore muscles. This is normal, but you should not feel a sharp pain.
– If you have a medical problem or a previous injury, you may need to completely avoid some exercise or perform a modified version. In this case, it is essential to work with an instructor.
– Finish each workout with a session of stretching to tone the muscles and make them more flexible.
– Stop exercising immediately if you feel cramps or pain in the joints, feet or legs. Seeking medical attention if you experience pain or tightness in your chest, if you feel dizzy (a), nausea, cold sweat or if you lose consciousness.
Rome was not built in a day, so do not try to do everything at once. Keep in mind that strengthening muscles and increasing your resistance will develop over time. If you are consistent in your workouts and you increase the weight slowly, you will see how to improve your ability to perform your daily tasks, from moving furniture to load up the shopping bags will reduce your muscle aches and fatigue to your end of the day, it is agitated.
Aim to start today and you tell me the result!