Archive for the ‘Stress and Deppression’ Category
Can you change your personality? The belief is that this is not possible, but a new study shows that it is puedenproducir changes that help us be happier.
Though the traditional belief is that the personality just may change over time, a new study by psychologists Manchester University and the London School of Economics and Political Science reveals that perspicacious occur or personality adjustments that relate to achieving greater prosperity and fulfillment. Does it change the personality or simply adapts?
Researchers reviewed a large dataset of 7,500 individuals from Australia who had responded to a questionnaire about their life satisfaction and personality in two moments of his life with four years apart.
The personality questionnaire assessing five dimensions of personality and consciousness, extroversion, the neocriticismo and openness to experience.
The researchers reviewed the extent to which the personality changes and how these changes are related to life satisfaction compared to other external factors such as salary increase, job change or marital status.
The results of this research changes in personality as influencing both external factors in achieving a greater good. It is as if the personality is readjusted to achieve be more pleased or happy. Dr. Chris Boyce We found that our personality can and does change over time, something that until now was considered unlikely.
These changes are closely related to the fact achieve our welfare. Regarding external factors such as getting married, finding work for a raise, the personality change is equally likely and contributes much more to improve our welfare person. In many studies of welfare or happiness of the people, taking into account aspects such as higher income, or married but ignored the influence of personality in the belief that this can not change.
Yet as this research shows that personality changes and resets as our situations to provide more welfare. Our research suggests that governments could measure “personalidadnacional” for example if a population is growing more extroverted and open to experience or neurotic and this is linked to the national events.
Promoting growth-related terms such as personality, positive education, encouraging communities, parenting can be a good way to improve national welfare. research suggests that focusing on the we are and how we relate to the world, produces changes or adjustments in our personality that lead to increased well-being.
Ortega and Gasset said, “I am myself and my circumstance and if not save it, not me but me” these circumstances is what can lead us to modify the personality to thereby adapt to situations and feel better.
Incoming search terms for the article:
Who has never been bothered by trifles cast the first stone. Then, as time passes and everything works out, we realize that the hours spent worrying and causing suffering in vain. If only we had noticed it before…
Fortunately, there are some very simple techniques that can help eliminate the daily concerns:
- Write your worries. When you feel that the problems overwhelm you, just write on a piece of paper everything that worries you. You probably have problems to realize what you’re worried because sometimes problems are treated very vague. At other times, just when you see them written, you will realize that it is pointless to worry about things that are beyond our control. Putting our thoughts in black and white has great power and insurance cathartic’ll be amazed with the discoveries that will realize
- Give a cost concerns. Every time you feel worried take a nickel and put it in a piggy bank. At the end of the month, how much money has been brought together. No doubt you’ll be amazed how much “cost” your concerns and how frequently are. Remember that every penny equals a little happiness you’re losing.
- Educates your own thoughts. We spent much of the day keeping an inner dialogue with ourselves. When you feel worried, stop a minute and think about the words you’re saying. Rate your objectivity. Surely you realize they have no real foundation are just exaggerations. Remember that, in one way or another, your thoughts can come true as they will be publicizing your behavior. So, think of something positive.
- Use gratitude as a weapon. Instead of complaining and worrying about everything, every morning, make a list of three things for which you feel grateful to the world. Too often we worry about the problems but we rejoice with the things we have, as simply having health or to hear a song we like on the radio.
- Change perspective. Almost always the concerns arising from a problem and our inability to cope. Thus brings out the positive aspects of the problem, learn to look at problems as an opportunity to grow.
Finally, remember a phrase from the American poet Ralph Waldo Emerson: “Small minds have little worries, big minds have no time to worry.”
It is a natural response of the body when not resting enough or there are changes in style or pace of life, and when there are problems at home, school or work. Produces anxiety and can affect any age.
When a person suffers from stress is greater risk of minor illnesses such as cold or cough, because the emotional state decreases the body’s defenses.
* Pace of life.
* Spend most of the time at work and put aside recreation.
* Changes in lifestyle caused by childbirth, death of a loved one, divorce or job loss.
* Exposure to sources of noise.
* Problems in school, work and home.
* Insufficient rest, anxiety and depression.
* Drug use.
* Impaired memory.
Headache and muscle.
* Lack of appetite.
* When a person smokes and is in this state is common to increase the number of cigarettes consumed.
* Children may experience the symptoms above, other memory impairment.
* You can determine that a person is under stress when not efficiently perform their daily activities and has lost enthusiasm for them.
* The diagnosis is made based on the symptoms described, taking into account medical history and examination is performed to find out what causes that produce stress.
* Addressing the problems.
* Relaxation helps block stress.
* Perform physical and breathing exercises relieves nervousness.
* Sleep 6 to 8 hours daily.
* Organize activities each day.
* Vitamin and nutritional supplements strengthen the body and help to counter fatigue or weariness Read the rest of this entry »