Physical or Health?
Such drugs are achieved fairly easily in the market and can be available to virtually anyone, although non-athlete. However, for those involved in prestigious competitions under a guarantee federations, Olympic committees, associations, and so its administration is prohibited doping being treated as sufficient grounds for disqualification.
It is clear that prescribing and monitoring should be done under medical supervision as they have been associated with numerous deaths of professional athletes and fans.
Here are some reactions that occur to the human body:
- Suppress the action of other hormones.
- Jaundice (yellowing of the skin, tissues and body fluids).
- Fluid retention.
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar).
- Heart anomalies.
- HDL-cholesterol reductions (necessary for the body) increases the risk of atherosclerosis.
- In people who are not physically mature can lead to deficiencies in their growth.
- Kidney or brain tumors.
- Accelerated puberty changes.
For administration by injection is the risk of contracting hepatitis or HIV (which causes AIDS)
In males may occur:
- Atrophy and reduced testes size.
- Decreased sperm production.
- Growth of male breasts.
- Facial hair growth.
- Changes in or cessation of the menstrual cycle.
- Enlarged clitoris.
- Deepening of the voice.
- Personality changes
Many of the health effects are reversible in the short term. However, it is known that anabolic steroid abuse has long term consequences that directly affect the individual’s personality, causing nervousness, anger, anxiety, aggression, in other words, extremely violent nature.
These substances are addictive, so some people need medical care when they want to stop taking them because they may suffer withdrawal symptoms, ie, the presence of symptoms such as irritability, moodiness, weakness, headache, diarrhea, tremor and depression.
The use of anabolic steroids and similar substances are now more popular than ever, it is the daily bread in gyms, sports clubs and high-performance teams where maybe you exercise. The information is in your hands to take the last word.
credit to: Raul Serrano